Frequently Asked Questions
Table of Contents
- I just opened an additional account at Emory
ACU, but it is not showing in my Account Summary list.
How do I access this new account in Personal Branch?
- Can I change my account ID?
- How do I know that I am on a secure Internet site?
- How often do I have to change my passcode?
- What can I do to maximize security on the Internet Banking site?
- How do I exit securely?
- Why is a secure email message necessary?
- How can I change my Security Question and/or Answer?
- How can I obtain a copy of a check?
- Can I view my paper account statement online?
- If I transfer funds between my accounts online is it accessible right away?
- Why does my account show a zero or N/A balance?
- Trouble shooting browser settings to access Personal Branch.
- Who can I pay with Bill Pay?
- How are payments that are scheduled in Online Banking delivered to payees?
- What is a payee?
- What are e-Bills
- How secure is my bill payment and personal information?
- Can I transfer money to another financial institution from my Personal Branch account?
- Is a Personal Branch Account required in order to request external transfers?
- What are the requirements in order to activate external transfers?
- Can I request to transfer funds to/from my spouse's / child's / parent's/ etc. account?
- Is there a transfer limit?
- Can I transfer funds to/from my international accounts?
- Is there a cut-off time to initiate a transfer?
- When are the funds credited to my account(s)?
- How can I access my eStatements online?
- Will I continue to get a paper statement?
- How will I know when my statement is ready?
- Can I print and/or Save my eStatements?
- How far back do eStatements go?
- What if I forgot to print or save my eStatements?
You need to add the new account to your list of online accounts. To add a new account to your profile:
- Click the User Service tab, and then click Add New Online Account under "Manage Account".
- In the Account # box, enter your new account number.
- In the Nickname box, enter a descriptive name for the account. This step is optional, but it helps identity an account.
- On the Account Type drop-down list, select the account type.
- Click the Bill pay box if you want to add Online Bill Payments to the account.
- Click Add Account(s) to add the account online.
No. Your account ID is unique to your account and cannot be changed.
There are several ways to check that a site is secure. Look at the site address; if it begins with https, instead of http, it is secure. Another way to check is to see if you have a padlock graphic at the bottom of your browser window. Double-click on this item to get more detailed security information.
Change your passcode as often or seldom as you like. However, we strongly suggest that you change your passcode immediately if you suspect it has been compromised. To change your passcode, click the user services tab, and then click Change Passcode.
Choose a good passcode, and do not share it with anyone (including customer service or your financial institution).
Click the LOG OFF link at the top of the menu. The Exit screen appears. Click the Log out Completely link. Close your browser.
It is necessary to keep you personal and account information private. However, even in a secure email message, never share your passcode.
The User Services tab provides a link to your Security Question and/or Answer. Click the User Services tab, and then click Change Security Verification Question. Your current security question and answer is displayed. Click Edit to change either field.
You can view and print electronic images of recently posted checks through Personal Branch. On the Account History page, find the check transaction you want to view. To see an image of a check, click on the check number.
Yes. Emory ACU automatically provided an electronic version of current and past paper account statement through Personal Branch. These online statements are an electronic version of the paper statements that are sent in the mail. In addition to viewing them, you can download them, save them or print them at your convenience.
If you transfer available funds into another one of your accounts, the funds are available immediately.
If your account shows a zero or N/A balance, try refreshing your Personal Branch session. If you are still unable to view a balance, please contact the IT Department at the credit union to assist you.
You can pay almost any business or individual that you currently pay by check – your phone bill, loan payments, insurance, and credit cards – even your dentist or daycare center. Please note, you cannot pay court-ordered payments or state and federal taxes online at this time.
Payments you make through Bill Pay are delivered in two ways:
- Most payments are delivered electronically. Payees who are paid in the way receive your payment information, including you account number, through secure electronic transmission.
- All other payments are made by a paper check that is issued and mailed to the payee.
Payees are the business and individuals you pay through Bill Pay in Online Banking. You create a list of your own payees by using the Add a Payee feature. You can add payees such as utilities, department stores, credit cards and other businesses. You can also add individual payees such as your daycare provider, your doctor, or a relative.
E-Bills are electronic versions of your paper bills that you can receive through Online Banking. An e-Bill comes directly from the biller to your Online Banking service. In addition, a notification that you have received an e-Bill in your Online Banking account can be sent automatically to an e-mail address that you choose. You can view balances, transactions, finance charges and other statement information in an e-Bill. (Each biller offers unique features associated with their e-Bill) Then, you can pay it and print it – all online.
Online Bill Pay uses several methods to ensure that your information is secure.
- SSL: Online Bill Pay uses SSL (secure socket layer) which ensures that your connection and information are secure from outside inspection.
- Encryption: Online Bill Pay uses 128-bit encryption to make your information unreadable as it passes over the Internet.
- Automatic Sign Out: Online Bill Pay automatically signs you out of a session if you are inactive for a predefined number of minutes (usually 10 minutes). It is best if you sign out immediately after you finish your tasks in Online Bill Pay.
Yes. You may request the ability to transfer funds between institutions using Personal Branch. Under the "Transfers" tab, click on "Add External Transfer Account" to add the accounts you like to have access to. Once you submit the proper documentation, the credit union will notify you when the service has been added to your individual Personal Branch user ID. You will then be able to use "External Transfer" just as you would any other transfers, just click on the accounts drop-down box to make a transaction.
Yes. External transfers are initiated and approved through Personal Branch.
There are 3 main requirements in order to be approved.
- You must agree to the disclosure.
- You must complete, print and sign the authorization form and include a copy of either a deposit slip or voided check of the institution you wish to set up and mail or fax these items to: Emory Alliance Credit Union, Attn: Personal Branch, 1237 Clairmont Road, Decatur, GA 30030 or Fax to (404) 329-6423.
- You must have a valid address and phone number on file with the credit union. You can update this information in Personal Branch by selecting the "User Settings" tab. Then locate the "Manage Account" menu and click on "Change Address Information".
You must be an owner on the account that you are requesting external transfers to/from.
Yes. There is a $3,000 daily transfer limit.
No. External transfers will be approved on domestic accounts only.
Yes, The cut-off time is 5:00 p.m. (EST) Monday-Friday. Transfers placed after the cut-off time will be processed the next business day.
Funds are credited to your account on the 3rd business day after the request is initiated by you.
To access your eStatements online, you must first sign up for online banking access through Personal Branch to create your Access ID and Passcode. Once your Personal Branch account has been established, you can securely log in and sign up for eStatements by clicking on the Accounts tab at the top of the screen, then click on the Statements link to the far right of the account listings. Another window will open, and then just follow the prompts to sign up.
No. Once you sign up for eStatements, you will no longer receive paper statements, however, you can either print or download your statement each month or quarter.
Each month, the credit union will send you an email notification letting you know that your statement is ready. At this point, you will simply log into your Personal Branch account and click the Statements link to view your statement.
Yes. Choosing the Print/Save button opens Adobe Acrobat Reader and displays the statement in a .pdf file which you can either print or save to a directory (folder) of your choice on your PC or to an external source such as a CD.
The credit union will store up to 18 months of history. It is recommended that you print or save your statements for future use.
Statements that are no longer available through eStatements may be obtained at any Emory Alliance CU branch office for a nominal charge.
- Open Internet Explorer and click Tools in the toolbar.
- From the drop-down list, choose Internet Options. A dialogue box will open.
- Click on the Security Tab of the Internet Options box.
- In the Security Tab, click on "Custom Level". Another dialogue box will open.
- In the settings area, scroll down (about 3/4 of the way down) to "Launching Programs and files in the IFRAME". This should be set to Prompt. The next category down, "Navigate sub-frames across different domains" should be set to Enable.
- After making the changes in step 5 (if applicable), click "OK" to get out of both dialogue boxes.
- Retry logging into Personal Branch.
If the above instruction do correct your problem, here are some other items to check:
- Are you accessing our website via a link saved in favorites? If so, try typing in our website address (www.emoryacu.com) into the browser address bar instead of using the favorites links. Sometimes these links can become corrupt and keep websites from working properly.
- Which web browser are you using? We recommend Internet Explorer, version 6.0 or higher. You can determine which version by opening the browser, clicking on "Help", then choosing "About Internet Explorer" from the drop down list. If your version is lower than 6.0 you can download an upgrade from Microsoft for free. The most current version is now 7.0.
- You can try deleting your cookies and temporary Internet files. These are little files that websites automatically save onto your computer. Like the favorites link, they can become corrupt and cause websites to malfunction. To perform this task, open your Internet browser and click on "Tools", then choose "Internet Options" from the drop down list. On the "General" Tab, look for the temporary internet files section and the cookies section and choose to delete both. (This can take a couple of minutes).
- Next, from the same "Internet Options" box, click on the Security tab. Click on the button that says "custom level" and look towards the bottom of the box where it says "Reset To" to see what security level your browser is set to. It should be set no higher than medium-high. Our website will not work if it is set on high.